This positions requires an active TS/SCI
As part of MCIA’s S5 Staff Section, provides expertise to support the Command’s Managers Internal Control Program (MICP) processes. Effort is initially focused on Marine Corps Inspector General inspection items with potential for expansion across other internal control facets of the organization. Position will continue to establish and mature the command’s internal control program consisting of the following: processes; measures-of-effectiveness; audits; communication feedback to stakeholders and leadership; alignment with higher headquarters direction and guidance; and program documentation (including the management of data on organization’s SharePoint sites). Skillsets sought include experience with the following:
- Managing aspects of an organization’s internal controls program.
- Creating and/or maturing an internal controls management/oversight program.
- Designing program frameworks, processes, and measures-of-effectiveness; working with government leads to refine; making recommendations based on analysis and best business practices.
- Working alone or in small teams of government, military, and contractor personnel with little to no supervision.
- Displaying initiative and ability to add leadership to small teams of government, military, and contractor personnel to achieve aspects of a program with little to no supervision.
- Analyzing process requirements; participating in process improvement and successful problem solving.
- Facilitate and collaborate with subject matter experts for workflow modeling; translate business objectives into functional and system processes
- Create workflows and detailed process documentation.
- Leading small to large working sessions to help mature aspects of a program.
- Designing formal and informal audits/oversight; conducting audits/oversight.
- Drafting program related documentation and providing progress reports via written and/or verbal communication.
- Managing change resulting from program implementation.
- Documenting and communicating analytical approach, findings, and recommendations informing leadership decisions
- Conducting strategic communication activities to meaningfully connect with the workforce and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- Master’s Degree (+10 years’ experience), Bachelor’s Degree (+12 years’ experience) or High School Diploma (+14 years’ experience).
- Experience with aspects of Marine Corps, other service, or other organization’s internal control program.
- Seven (7) years’ experience supporting government organizations within Department of Defense, other Federal Government, or supporting industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint, including drafting formal documentation and presenting information or decision briefs to leadership.
Other Skills Preferred:
- Project Management related certifications a plus – e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM); Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Participation organization’s formal standards or processes related certifications a plus (e.g., Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Standards Organization (ISO)).